Sinkholes, Solar Panels and More
Did you know sinkholes are particularly common in Pasco, Hernando and Hillsborough counties? So much so that these three counties are collectively known as Sinkhole Alley. Read What is Sinkhole Insurance and Who needs It?
Are you thinking about solar panels for your roof? Before you buy, read these articles:
- Some insurance companies dropping Florida customers if they put solar panels on their homes
- Installing rooftop solar panels can get your home insurance canceled [South Florida Sun-Sentinel]
Maintaining Your Home
Water damage caused by breaking pipes and hoses from appliances and air conditioning systems can wreak havoc to your home and wallet. While water damage from washers, dishwashers, and HVAC systems may be covered under your property insurance policy, you could be in trouble if the insurance company suspects you haven’t kept your appliances in good working order. Read Home maintenance and repair: average lifetime for residential home products.
State of Affairs for the Insurance Industry in Florida
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation released a report indicating 27 insurers are on a “watch list” and are having financial issues. The impact to homeowners? Up to 400,000 Florida homeowners have already been dropped or received policy non-renewal letters so far this year alone, and for those that remain with an existing policy, policy premiums could go up. Read these articles to catch up on this topic:
- ‘Spiraling downhill’: Florida homeowners insurance crisis worsening; thousands at risk
- A plan to use the state-backed property insurer to save Florida’s industry from meltdown gets its first taker
- Citizens Insurance looming rate hike affects hundreds of thousands of Florida homeowners
- Property insurance turmoil meets climate change threats
When Your Insurance Provider Fails You
Do you have property damage, or have you been treated unfairly by your insurance provider? Contact CORE Public Adjusters, the insurance claim experts, to learn about our property damage insurance claim process. CORE Public Adjusters handles all residential and commercial property damage claims. Some of the most common claims include damage resulting from plumbing breaks, wind and rain, vandalism, theft, hurricane and fire.